Parmesan Cheddar Brussels Sprouts

Friday, March 19, 2010



Ever since I was a small child I LOVED brussels sprouts, even though my friends all thought they were ICKY.  I always loved vegetables and now that I am an adult I try to eat them as much as possible to stay healthy. So today I'm making one of my favorites, CHEESY SPROUTS, as I called them as a kid. 








What you will need

20-thirty brussels sprouts
3 tbsp olive oil
Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Lets get started!

Start by washing the brussels sprouts thoroughly.



Once clean cut off the stem and peel off the outside leaves, including any leaves that are jagged or torn. 


                                                See the difference when they have the outer leaves still attached. 



Then cut the brussels sprout in half vertically. 




Take 2 tbsp of olive oil and rub all the sprouts with it.
Take the remaining 1 tbsp and put in a skillet on medium heat.

Place brussels sprouts in skillet, flat end down and cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until the bottom is slightly brown.
Uncover and sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook for another 2 minutes. Once the bottoms have browned toss with a spatula to slightly brown the rounded end of the sprouts.
Toss a little cheese on and let it melt.

Remove from heat and serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

YumEase Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino