Cucumber salad

Friday, March 12, 2010


When ever I go to my favorite sushi place they bring us a small dish of cucumber salad. I love the stuff, its a little tart and tangy but soooo good.  So the other day while trying to figure out what side dish I should make for dinner I decided to try my hand at the cucumber salad. Needless to say I needed a little help. I looked up several  different recipes and soon decided to put my own spin one recipe I found. I'm pretty confidante in saying that I don't think you will find a recipe for cucumber salad around like this one. 

So to start off  this is what you will need

One large Cucumber
1tbs vinegar  (lemon juice can also be a substitute for vinegar)
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1tbs ground cinnamon 
1/4 cup vanilla soy milk
1tbs white  or brown sugar 

Lets get started!

Start by peeling  and slicing the cucumber.


Next mix together the vinegar, oil, and vanilla extract.  
Add the cucumbers and cinnamon. Mix together.

Next put the cucumber and vinegar mixture into a skillet on medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes. 

Add 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk.
Mix well. 

Once the milk is boiling cover the tops of the cucumber with sugar.
Flip and cook until sauce is almost gone. 


Remove from heat and store in fridge until ready to be served. 



  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

YumEase Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino