Shrimp and Scallop Pasta

Friday, February 5, 2010


Here we have a yummy seafood spaghetti so to say... I made it off the top of my head one day after impulse buying scallops and not knowing any recipes to cook them in. I looked through my cabinets, pantry and fridge and decided I should do something that involves noodles since I had just bought a jumbo pack of organic wheat spaghetti noodles from Costco and I hadn't gotten around to using much of them. 
So I continued to scrounge through my freshly stocked fridge and found a bag of precooked shrimp and figured... Hey might as well get rid of those too while Im at it. So plopped the partially frozen crustaceans into the sink with some warm water to let them thaw while I continued my search for  things to add to my dish. 
It was then that I decided to make a simple shrimp and scallop pasta. I pulled a few other things from the fridge and began to prepare the meal.  When ever Im making some sort of pasta with out a recipe Carnation evaporated milk is my best friend! I always use it for the base of my sauce's, get used to it... you will be seeing it a lot. 
Anywho... after throwing in a few random veggies I had lying around in the fridge I started to prepare the sauce and realized that the pita bread I bought the other day would go great with this! 
This is by far the best pita bread I have ever purchased, thank you Costco for having that great 3 for $11.00 sale!  I bought this with a big tub of spicy black bean hummus... yum... but thats another story. 
Any way lets get to the recipe shall we? 

What You will need:
1/2 lb of shrimp (raw or precooked, its your choice.)
1/2 lb scallops
4 Oz Cream Cheese
Wheat noodles ( I used spaghetti)
1 (4) oz can evaporated milk
1 cup chopped spinach
2 tbsp chopped onion
2tbsp butter
2 cups shredded cheese








Lets get started! 



  1. 1. Star by boiling a pot of water and adding a bit of olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking.

  2. Once water starts bubbling add noodles. When noodles are done boiling, strain and set aside until needed.
  3. On cutting board begin to chop onions and spinach. take about a handful of spinach leaves and and roll into a “log”. Slice down the center of “log” and chop from there. Once you have the required amount of spinach and onions set aside.
  4. Heat skillet on Medium heat and melt the butter. Drain all water from scallops and shrimp and then lightly add to skillet. Cook for about a minute and then lightly season with lemon pepper. 
  5.  
  6. Cover and let simmer for 3-5 minutes turning every so often.
  7. Heat to boiling and sprinkle with white pepper. When butter and water begin to bubble let simmer for 1-2 minutes.
  8. Remove scallops and shrimp and set aside, leave juice in skillet. Add onion and spinach
  9. .  
  10. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese. Break cheese into chunks and mix in. Add salt and remove from heat.
  11.  
  12. Get pot and fill with enough water to cover to bottom and set on medium heat. Add noodles, seafood, milk,and remaining seasonings and mix.
  13.  
  14. Once pasta is well mixed add the cheese and mix together until sticky. 
  15. Serve with warmed Pita bread if desired.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

YumEase Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino